The Office of Strategic Communications is charged with the day-to-day management of the university brand, including messaging and universitywide coordination of advertising. It develops clear, consistent, and effective strategies and materials that strengthen perceptions of Rutgers, clarify the university’s mission and value to the state and nation, and build support for the institution among key constituencies.
What We Do
As the steward of the Rutgers brand, the office oversees university marketing and advertising, identifies marketing opportunities, recommends and supports market research activities, and serves as a resource to communications and marketing professionals throughout the university.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Oversees institutional communications management, strategic planning, and communications campaigns
- Produces award-winning TV spots that showcase Rutgers' people and programs.
- Provides project management for communications campaigns and integrated promotional communications
- Reviews all Rutgers advertising and provides tips and tools for best practices
- Provides guidance to nonuniversity entities seeking to associate themselves with Rutgers through sponsorships
- Manages the Rutgers Exhibit Kit for use by faculty and staff at meetings, conferences, and other types of public events
- Oversees the Rutgers Communicators Network of colleagues from across the university
- Provides peer-to-peer professional development through the Communicator Certificate Program in collaboration with University Human Resources
For more information, contact:
Allan Hoffman, Associate Director
If you need assistance with sponsorship or advertising, please contact:
Jessica DePaul, Assistant Director
Office of Strategic Communications
Department of University Communications and Marketing
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
101 Somerset Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1281
Location: Alexander Johnston Hall, College Avenue Campus