The Office of Creative Services serves the marketing and informational needs of the university by providing web and print communications, photography, and visual design for the central administration and other key units, programs, and projects at Rutgers. The office develops communications standards and offers guidance to members of the Rutgers community in their communications needs.
What We Do
Creative Services provides expertise in project management, project development, writing, editing, graphic design, and photography for electronic media, websites, printed publications, advertising, display materials and signage, and other communications vehicles. To ensure a consistency of presentation and high level of quality in all Rutgers communications, Creative Services develops and disseminates visual identity, editorial, design, and production guidelines for the university community. The office also oversees photography services and trademark licensing.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Provides web and multimedia services, including development and maintenance of rutgers.edu, newbrunswick.rutgers.edu, and other key websites. Consults university units on the best use of electronic media and offers support for multimedia, websites, and electronic communication.
- Offers editorial and design services including project management, writing, editing, and graphic design for high-quality communications in print and electronic media. Also maintains the Rutgers Editorial Style Guide.
- Provides a range of photographic services and maintains an extensive archive of high-quality stock images of scenes, people, and activities at Rutgers. Offers guidance on photography projects.
- With the Rutgers University Alumni Association, copublishes Rutgers Magazine, a general interest publication that promotes Rutgers through articles on campus culture, contemporary issues, and alumni, faculty, and student achievements.
- Through the Rutgers Visual Identity System, strengthens the Rutgers identity by employing a consistent, coherent style for the Rutgers logotype, university shield, and spirit mark.
- Regulates the commercial and internal use of the university’s name and identifying marks through trademark licensing.
- Publishes university academic course catalogs.
For more information, contact:
Joanne Dus-Zastrow, Senior Director
Office of Creative Services
Department of University Communications and Marketing
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
96 Davidson Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8062
Location: Davidson Hall, Busch Campus