- Rutgers Visual Identity System
- Rutgers Logotype
- Signature with Rutgers Logotype and School of Arts and Sciences
- Signature with Rutgers Logotype and Student Affairs
- “Block R“ Spirit Mark
- Rutgers Shield
Rutgers Visual Identity System
The Rutgers Visual Identity System provides specific guidelines and standards for using Rutgers' visual identity logotype, signatures, and marks in all university communications and university-authorized products.
A Strong Visual Identity Strengthens Rutgers
Research confirms that a clear and consistent identity helps build and maintain reputation. Regularly reinforced graphic symbols in a visual identity system convey and reinforce the strengths of an institution. The Rutgers Visual Identity System effectively links our campuses, schools, academic units, and administrative offices with the name “Rutgers”—a strong asset that we all proudly share.
Key advantages of the system include the following:
- At the core of the system is the name "Rutgers," which reinforces the power and appeal of the Rutgers brand.
- The system is easy to use and is easily interpreted.
- Widespread use of the system demonstrates and reinforces Rutgers' unique role in the higher education market.
- Rutgers' logotype, signatures, and marks leverage the university's long-established tradition and status.
- Because all logotype/signatures and marks are created, archived, and approved by the Creative Services unit of University Communications and Marketing, the university community has a highly knowledegeable resource for questions regarding the Rutgers Visual Identity System.
Visual Identity Website
The Rutgers visual identity website is info-central for the Rutgers Visual Identity System. From the website, you can