Advertising & Sponsorship Information for Faculty & Staff
Advertising and sponsorships are powerful tools that put Rutgers in touch with the many audiences it serves. Advertising options can be mind-boggling, ranging from media-rich online advertising to more traditional, but still effective, print ads. Regardless of the format or the price—advertising costs run the gamut from triple digits to millions of dollars—a successful campaign starts with exploring the pages on this site. Sponsorship is another avenue for promoting Rutgers and increasing awareness of your unit's people, programs, and initiatives. On the flip side, finding sponsors for your events and programs can be helpful in offsetting costs. Use our resources to help maximize the impact of your event sponsorship.
Get Help with Advertising
ADVERTISING REVIEW WEBSITE
Our Advertising Review website is the place to go as you get started with an advertising project. The site will:
- guide you through the step-by-step process of advertising review and approval at the university;
- help you define your project;
- explain basic advertising terminology in our glossary;
- provide tips and tools for developing and placing advertising.
WRITING AND DESIGN
FIND ADVERTISING PROS: PURCHASE PROFESSIONAL ADVERTISING SERVICES
University Communications and Marketing provides Rutgers-affiliated units an opportunity to work with external vendors who were selected through a competitive bidding process. To learn more, contact Jessica DePaul.
You may also directly contact University Procurement Services for assistance with purchasing professional services such as those of an advertising agency, public relations/communications firms, graphic designer, writer, and marketing/promotional firm and to learn more about the hiring process.
Get Help with Sponsorships
Rutgers schools, colleges, centers, administrative offices, and other units frequently are sought as sponsors or are seeking sponsors for events on and off campus. More information can be found in the university's policy on Endorsements, Sponsorships, and Advertising in and on University Assets and Communication Materials (PDF).
- A Poetry Society of America "New Salon" event held at Rutgers and cosponsored by the Rutgers University–New Brunswick English department's Writers at Rutgers Reading Series
- The Annual TransAction Conference in Atlantic City cosponsored by Rutgers' Alan M. Voorhees Transportation Center
- Barnes & Noble College Booksellers and other local and national corporations seeking a strong presence and association with the university sponsor Rutgers Day
Whatever your sponsorship may be, we have resources to help maximize the benefits of your outreach effort.
- Our Events & Outreach webpage offers many tips and tools for promoting and communicating effectively about events you are sponsoring and helping to publicize.
- Our Advertising Review website will guide you through the process of placing sponsorship messages in journals, programs, and other media.
- And the Policy Guidelines: Endorsements, Sponsorships & Advertising pages of this website contain important and useful information regarding sponsorships.
If you need assistance with sponsorship or advertising, please contact:
Jessica DePaul, Assistant Director
Office of Strategic Communications
Department of University Communications and Marketing
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
101 Somerset Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1281
Location: Alexander Johnston Hall, College Avenue Campus