University News and Media Relations
The Office of University News and Media Relations is the official source of information on behalf of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. The office promotes the activities and accomplishments of the university’s 31 schools and colleges; more than 22,000 faculty and staff; and more than 65,000 students to broad audiences across the state, region, and world. These include scholarly achievements, groundbreaking research, and public service initiatives.
What We Do
University News and Media Relations is a primary point of contact for members of the news media requesting interviews with university personnel or seeking information about administrative, academic, or student matters.
The Office of University News and Media Relations publishes or administers the following:
- Rutgers Today, the university’s online news center, providing a daily stream of breaking news, feature stories, and video highlights for audiences both inside and outside the university
- Media Relations, a website featuring current news from across the university and a searchable archive of past content
- Research News at Rutgers, a compilation of recent research advances and academic scholarship at Rutgers
- Faculty & Staff Bulletin, a weekly enewsletter for faculty and employees highlighting news, activities, and individual honors within the university community
- Rutgers University Faculty and Staff Experts Directory, a searchable, online database of faculty and staff members who can speak with the media on specific topics
For Faculty and Staff
University News and Media Relations can assist faculty and staff in communicating with reporters, promoting an event, or responding to a media inquiry.
- Find out how to become a “Rutgers Expert.”
- Join the Speakers Bureau.
- Promote your events or submit feature ideas to Media Relations.
For more information, contact:
Karen Smith, Senior Director
Office of University News and Media Relations
Department of University Communications and Marketing
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
101 Somerset Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1281
Location: Alexander Johnston Hall, College Avenue Campus
Find contact information for University News and Media Relations staff members and their areas of responsibility, as well as communications staff on the Newark and Camden campuses and at other university units.